Want to learn how to find cheaper car insurance rates in St. Paul, MN? St. Paul shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for the lowest priced Chevy Silverado insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Chevy and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and St. Paul agents.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Minnesota. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$204||$398||$406||$24||$122||$1,154||$96|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$130||$246||$384||$22||$114||$896||$75|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$234||$508||$406||$24||$122||$1,294||$108|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$172||$326||$406||$24||$122||$1,050||$88|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$234||$484||$358||$22||$108||$1,206||$101|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$326||$20||$98||$822||$69|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$262||$558||$466||$28||$140||$1,454||$121|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$248||$454||$370||$22||$110||$1,204||$100|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$656||$412||$24||$124||$1,512||$126|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$308||$598||$484||$28||$144||$1,562||$130|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$308||$598||$428||$26||$128||$1,488||$124|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$316||$406||$24||$122||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$212||$404||$336||$20||$100||$1,072||$89|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$212||$404||$298||$18||$90||$1,022||$85|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$216||$444||$466||$28||$140||$1,294||$108|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$486||$416||$24||$124||$1,366||$114|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$194||$442||$334||$20||$100||$1,090||$91|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$312||$616||$326||$20||$98||$1,372||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise rates greatly.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents impact Chevrolet Silverado yearly insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Silverado in St. Paul, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Minnesota and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy Silverado has a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Prices by Understanding These Factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
- Decrease premiums by maintaining coverage - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Liability insurance preserves assets - The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. It is affordable coverage compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Keep the miles off and save - The more you drive your Chevy each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. It's always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is showing annual mileage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Silverado can cost quite a bit.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce premiums - Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop vehicle theft.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more - Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
- Being married equates to better costs - Having a significant other actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you're more stable financially and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Chevy Silverado statistical loss data - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Silverado Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Some providers don't always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy St. Paul auto insurance online.
- One Accident Forgiven - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Silverado insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discount for Life Insurance - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Memberships - Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers who elect to allow their company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
It's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
If you are trying to find inexpensive St. Paul auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not apply in your area.
There's no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my Chevy Silverado covered if I use it for business?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Chevy Silverado?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Professional insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is especially important in St. Paul.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in St. Paul who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How are they compensated?
The lowest rates come from being thorough
When searching for the cheapest Chevrolet Silverado rate quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to compare Chevy Silverado insurance rates in St. Paul. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. They often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
More information is available below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Auto Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Saint Paul, MN? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)