Searching for the most affordable St. Paul Honda Civic insurance quotes online may seem to be somewhat difficult for people new to quoting and comparing and buying car insurance online. With so many agents and online companies, how are we expected to have the ability to compare every possible option in order to find the best available price?
Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by up to $850 a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare rates.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons before your next renewal since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the best deal on Honda Civic insurance in St. Paul a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to lower your rates using these methods. Finding quotes for the best coverage in St. Paul is easy to do. But Minnesota drivers need to learn how companies calculate your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Honda Civic insurance in St. Paul
Some companies do not advertise every discount very well, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car instead of a used Civic can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in St. Paul can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, good driver, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, defensive driver, air bags, federal employee, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- State Farm may have discounts that include passive restraint, student away at school, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, and multiple autos.
When getting free St. Paul auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Minnesota, click here.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide prices direct online. The process is easy for anyone because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, the quote system requests information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these and other factors.
Getting online price quotes for Honda Civic insurance in St. Paul helps simplify price comparisons, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you copy the coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you're receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Minnesota. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$114||$254||$334||$20||$100||$822||$69|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$494||$304||$18||$92||$1,094||$91|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$384||$324||$20||$96||$992||$83|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$580||$520||$30||$156||$1,558||$130|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$126||$346||$412||$24||$124||$1,032||$86|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$120||$282||$326||$20||$98||$846||$71|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$236||$690||$536||$32||$160||$1,654||$138|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$374||$298||$18||$90||$934||$78|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$442||$358||$22||$108||$1,102||$92|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$568||$380||$22||$114||$1,296||$108|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$452||$416||$24||$124||$1,244||$104|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$554||$372||$22||$112||$1,270||$106|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$224||$392||$318||$18||$94||$1,046||$87|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$728||$480||$28||$144||$1,652||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents raise Honda Civic annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Males versus Females
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
You may need specialized insurance coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Can I insure my car for more than it's worth?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Compare rates but still have a local St. Paul insurance agency
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in St. Paul who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. A good agent in St. Paul will have answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they full-time agents?
Insurance agent types
When searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive agencies in St. Paul who can help you get rate quotes.
- Bob Lawrence - State Farm Insurance Agent
1826 Grand Ave - St Paul, MN 55105 - (651) 698-0694 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Mark Adelman
1692 Randolph Ave - St Paul, MN 55105 - (651) 699-6697 - View Map
- State Farm: John Becker
917 Selby Ave - St Paul, MN 55104 - (651) 292-8096 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with mutual insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in St. Paul that are able to give rate quotes.
- Western Insurance Agency Inc
1740 Rice St #200 - St Paul, MN 55113 - (651) 489-4119 - View Map
- East Metro Insurance Agency, LLC: Bill Runck
1901 Minnehaha Ave E - St Paul, MN 55119 - (651) 323-2021 - View Map
- Pendleton Insurance Agency
1549 Livingston Ave #106 - St Paul, MN 55118 - (651) 455-5450 - View Map
Keep this in mind when shopping around
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to find affordable Honda Civic insurance in St. Paul. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
More affordable car insurance in St. Paul is attainable from both online companies and with local St. Paul insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
As you quote St. Paul auto insurance, make sure you don't skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)