No normal person looks forward to buying car insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. Many drivers in America could save nearly $859 each year, but they don't believe the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal for Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes as often as possible because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the best price on Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. There is lot of inaccurate information about Focus insurance on the internet, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap car insurance in Minneapolis.
Locating the best rates in Minneapolis is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the tips covered below. But Minnesota vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
The quickest method to compare rates for Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis is to know the fact most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with free rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including distance driven, which vehicles you own, if the vehicle is leased, and an estimate of your credit level. The data is then sent to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes within a short period of time.
To find lower lower-cost Ford Focus insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Minnesota. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$284||$304||$18||$92||$834||$70|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$326||$358||$22||$108||$964||$80|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$656||$412||$24||$124||$1,444||$120|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$306||$416||$24||$124||$1,020||$85|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$404||$336||$20||$100||$1,048||$87|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$598||$484||$28||$144||$1,526||$127|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can modify rates noticeably.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can drive up Ford Focus premium costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Physical damage deductible comparison
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Focus annual premium costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Affordable rates on Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis with these discounts
Companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Minneapolis auto insurance with certain companies.
- Distant College Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Minneapolis and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
Discounts save money, but please remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren't that lucky.
To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Minnesota, click this link.
Learn How to Get Insurance More Affordably
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower insurance prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, business owners and medical professionals generally have higher rates than average because of high stress and long work days. Other occupations such as actors, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Men are more aggressive - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males are in fender benders in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Your address can modify prices - Living in less populated areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers in populated Minnesota areas regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times can result in more accidents.
- Ford Focus insurance claim data - Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Models that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Focus vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Focus Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Focus 106 98 90 103 109 111 Ford Focus Electric 87 85 66
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Minneapolis auto insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Minneapolis who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Listed below are agents in Minneapolis that may be willing to give price quotes for Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis.
A Act One Auto Insurance Agency
2925 Glenhurst Ave - Minneapolis, MN 55416 - (612) 722-8010 - View Map
Cheap Car Insurance Minneapolis Auto Insurance Agency
2227 W 21st St - Minneapolis, MN 55405 - (612) 425-1616 - View Map
Once you have positive feedback to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, you've probably found an insurer that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
Auto insurance buyers beware
Respected companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the promise that drivers can save some big amount if you switch to them. How does each company offer you a better deal on Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis? Here is how they do it.
Auto insurance companies offer their best rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable risk might be a married male, carries high limits, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Minneapolis and as a result will probably cut their Ford Focus insurance rates if they switch.
Drivers who are not a match for the "perfect" profile will see higher premium rates and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. The ads say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates. Because of these techniques, you need to get Minneapolis auto insurance quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis.
In the end, you can save money
When you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
We just presented some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Focus insurance in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting low cost Minneapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Apple Valley, Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minnesota Auto Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minnesota Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- How Much is Minnesota Auto Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Edina, Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Auto Insurance for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)