Do you want more competitive Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis? Getting the most affordable Minneapolis Dodge Ram insurance quotes online can be impossible for beginners to buying their auto insurance on the web. Because there are so many online companies, how can consumers be able to compare each option to find cheaper auto insurance prices?
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Minnesota can cut their rates by as much as 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
It's a good habit to price shop coverage yearly due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rate on Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the techniques covered below. Getting quotes for more affordable policy in Minneapolis is not as difficult as people think. Although Minnesota consumers must comprehend how companies determine what you pay because it varies considerably.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Some providers don't necessarily list all possible discounts very well, so the below list has some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Minneapolis auto insurance quotes online.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, student driver, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers discounts for easy pay, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, multi-car, anti-theft, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, and air bag.
When getting free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis is to understand most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them some information including if you're married, what your job is, if you have an active license, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your information is then submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To find the cheapest Dodge Ram insurance rates, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Minneapolis.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$222||$312||$370||$22||$110||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$308||$508||$484||$28||$144||$1,472||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$264||$508||$406||$24||$122||$1,324||$110|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$298||$484||$366||$22||$110||$1,280||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$268||$404||$366||$22||$110||$1,170||$98|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$212||$342||$336||$20||$100||$1,010||$84|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$166||$254||$366||$22||$110||$918||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$170||$260||$358||$22||$108||$918||$77|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$134||$220||$344||$20||$104||$822||$69|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$308||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,282||$107|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$352||$486||$470||$28||$140||$1,476||$123|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$352||$486||$470||$28||$140||$1,476||$123|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$244||$384||$366||$22||$110||$1,126||$94|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$336||$668||$434||$26||$130||$1,594||$133|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$312||$534||$370||$22||$110||$1,348||$112|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$216||$384||$406||$24||$122||$1,152||$96|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$186||$352||$434||$26||$130||$1,128||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$380||$714||$484||$28||$144||$1,750||$146|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$298||$550||$366||$22||$110||$1,346||$112|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$216||$442||$376||$22||$112||$1,168||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in zip code location which can affect auto insurance rates noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Dodge Ram annual premium costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Smart Buyers Can Cut Their Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Liability protection claims can be big - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Companies want multiple policies - Most major insurers will award lower prices to customers who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it's always a smart idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Are you male or female? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Better drivers pay less - Good drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Only having one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who get serious violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The type of car, truck or SUV you drive affects your costs - The performance level of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. Because the Dodge Ram is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price than the average rate where you live in Minneapolis. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Dodge Ram?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Some people just want to have an agent's advice and that is OK! The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Minneapolis that can give you free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Insurance agent types
If you need to find a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Minneapolis agents can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are trained well in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Minneapolis willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Ed Scislow
5208 Bloomington Ave - Minneapolis, MN 55417 - (612) 353-5410 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Steven Wolfson
1516 W Lake St Suite 203 - Minneapolis, MN 55408 - (612) 822-1287 - View Map
- Kelly Mulligan Allstate Insurance Agency
80 8th St S - Minneapolis, MN 55402 - (612) 713-9253 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles through many different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you need to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Minneapolis independent insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Erickson Insurance Agency
8525 Edinbrook Crossing #401 - Minneapolis, MN 55443 - (763) 657-7608 - View Map
- TCF Agency Insurance Services Inc
801 S Marquette Ave - Minneapolis, MN 55402 - (612) 661-8400 - View Map
- Higgins Insurance
2214 Central Ave NE - Minneapolis, MN 55418 - (612) 789-7231 - View Map
Once you have good feedback to these questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will provide insurance coverage. Just keep in mind you can always terminate coverage any time you want so don't think that you are permanently stuck with any specific company for a certain time period.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Minneapolis, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects your Dodge and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram are definitely more than the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on Dodge Ram insurance in Minneapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Minneapolis auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
When buying insurance coverage, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Car Insurance for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)