Wish you could get a refund on overpriced Hyundai Sonata insurance in Rochester? You're in good company because many Rochester consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Sad but true, about 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Many consumers in the U.S. could save as much as 47% every year just by comparing rates, but they don't understand how simple it is to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Popular companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate constantly bombard you with advertising and it can be hard to sift through the bull and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Best Hyundai Sonata insurance rates in Minnesota
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Rochester, MN. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$254||$366||$22||$110||$898||$75|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$268||$406||$24||$122||$950||$79|
|Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$172||$344||$406||$24||$122||$1,068||$89|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$302||$714||$484||$28||$144||$1,672||$139|
|Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,258||$105|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$260||$344||$20||$104||$862||$72|
|Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$560||$434||$26||$130||$1,422||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
Drive safe and save
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can increase Hyundai Sonata yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Sonata insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Sonata insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Hyundai Sonata replacement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Rochester auto insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Sonata can cost up to 25% less because newer models are generally safer.
- Early Switch Discount - Select larger companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current Sonata insurance policy expiration. It's a savings of about 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Larger insurance companies have better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Resident Student - College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Rochester and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Data Collection Discounts - Rochester drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize where and when they drive remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Student - Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Federal Government Employee - Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
We need to note that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Rochester. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Rochester, click here to view.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- What policy terms are available?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Local Rochester insurance agents and auto insurance
Some consumers just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision Good agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Rochester.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It's much easier because you don't need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Rochester for you
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive. Either one can handle auto insurance, but it's worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Rochester who may provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Rochester that can give you price quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long has their agency been open in Rochester?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
If you receive good answers to any questions you have and low cost Hyundai Sonata insurance quotes, you may have just found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Find cheap insurance rates by comparing often
While you're price shopping online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Hyundai Sonata insurance rates in Rochester. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Rochester auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
Much more information about insurance in Minnesota is available at these links:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Minnesota Auto Insurance for 16 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Minneapolis, Minnesota? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)