Would you like to stop wasting money and find lower-priced insurance rates in St. Paul, MN? St. Paul buyers have a choice when searching for the lowest priced Honda Accord insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for a new or used Honda and find the lowest price from both online companies and St. Paul agents.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. If you had the lowest rates on Honda Accord insurance in St. Paul two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to find out the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
This information will help educate you on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you will be able to get lower rates using this information. Drivers only have to learn the most effective way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Honda Accord insurance in St. Paul
Some insurers don't always advertise every policy discount very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- St. Paul Homeowners Pay Less - Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Drivers Education - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small discount on rates.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving fewer miles could earn cheaper auto insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for youthful driver, early shopping, multi-car, bundle discounts, and mature driver.
- Esurance has discounts for paid-in-full, multi-car, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, defensive driver, renters, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, seat belt use, federal employee, anti-theft, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate includes discounts for premier discount, safe driver, new car, passive restraint, premier plus, and good payer.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in St. Paul.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as how much you drive, level of coverage desired, any included safety features, and if you are currently licensed. Your insurance information is sent automatically to multiple insurance providers and they return quotes very quickly.
To find lower lower-cost Honda Accord insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Minnesota. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$268||$274||$16||$82||$808||$67|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$230||$398||$274||$16||$82||$1,000||$83|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$214||$354||$20||$106||$844||$70|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$150||$268||$284||$16||$84||$802||$67|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$136||$232||$258||$16||$78||$720||$60|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$294||$350||$20||$104||$914||$76|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$130||$300||$376||$22||$112||$940||$78|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$200||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,080||$90|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$302||$668||$434||$26||$130||$1,560||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific St. Paul garaging location which can alter price quotes significantly.
Reckless driving habits raise St. Paul auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accident claims raise Honda Accord insurance prices for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get Honda Accord Insurance for Less
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Reduce prices by staying claim free - Car insurance companies in Minnesota provide lower rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save - Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Honda from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. The deductibles define how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you're willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- Use one insurance company and save - The majority of companies will award better rates to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Performance affects premiums - The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. Since the Honda Accord falls in the passenger car class, rates will be similar in price or lower compared to average rates in St. Paul. The lowest performance passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Allowing your car insurance to lapse raises prices - Driving without insurance is illegal and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time. You could then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Minnesota DMV.
- You might have higher premiums if you are single - Having a spouse actually saves money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Lower rates come with age - Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a young driver onto a policy can be very expensive. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Liability coverage safeguards assets - Your policy's liability coverage is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Insurance loss data for Honda Accord vehicles - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium prices. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the insurance loss data for Honda Accord vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 point to more claims or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Honda Accord Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Accord 91 85 90 122 117 94 Honda Accord Hybrid 96 80 98 89 76 84 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 2WD 85 97 83 122 113 94 Honda Accord Crosstour 4dr 4WD 99 102 94 120 93
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing your policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Who is covered when they drive my Honda Accord?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in St. Paul?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does my Honda Accord qualify for pleasure use?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agencies can give valuable advice
Some consumers just want to talk to a local agent. Good agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in St. Paul.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to participating agents in St. Paul who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Minnesota but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Honda Accord but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Quote. Compare. Save.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can compare Honda Accord insurance premium rates in St. Paul. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from an unexpected company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap Honda Accord insurance in St. Paul is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Students in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)