Pricey insurance in Rochester can drain your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Performing a price comparison is a fast and free way to make sure you're not throwing money away.
A recent study showed that about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save 47% a year, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. Because you have many options when it comes to insurance, it's difficult to pick the most cost effective company.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how insurance works and also pocket some savings If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this information. Smart buyers only need to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates from multiple carriers.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including how much education you have, driver ages, what you do for a living, and your general credit rating. Your details is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and you get price estimates with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Rochester, MN. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$114||$172||$358||$22||$108||$774||$65|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$264||$498||$428||$26||$128||$1,344||$112|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$230||$398||$324||$20||$96||$1,068||$89|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$198||$274||$416||$24||$124||$1,036||$86|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$166||$288||$304||$18||$92||$868||$72|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$458||$412||$24||$124||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$272||$418||$428||$26||$128||$1,272||$106|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$262||$458||$412||$24||$124||$1,280||$107|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$148||$246||$384||$22||$114||$914||$76|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$172||$268||$334||$20||$100||$894||$75|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$262||$428||$26||$128||$1,012||$84|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$222||$336||$428||$26||$128||$1,140||$95|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$182||$252||$326||$20||$98||$878||$73|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$308||$418||$428||$26||$128||$1,308||$109|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$268||$332||$324||$20||$96||$1,040||$87|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$302||$466||$384||$22||$114||$1,288||$107|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$238||$410||$298||$18||$90||$1,054||$88|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$164||$294||$412||$24||$124||$1,018||$85|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$308||$508||$428||$26||$128||$1,398||$117|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$218||$326||$324||$20||$96||$984||$82|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$174||$276||$298||$18||$90||$856||$71|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$146||$254||$358||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$352||$492||$416||$24||$124||$1,408||$117|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$308||$508||$428||$26||$128||$1,398||$117|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$146||$254||$358||$22||$108||$888||$74|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$220||$452||$384||$22||$114||$1,192||$99|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$204||$362||$326||$20||$98||$1,010||$84|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$342||$714||$428||$26||$128||$1,638||$137|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$190||$306||$318||$18||$94||$926||$77|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$298||$476||$324||$20||$96||$1,214||$101|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$216||$404||$358||$22||$108||$1,108||$92|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can alter prices noticeably.
Careless driving habits raise auto insurance rates
The example below shows how violations and at-fault collisions influence Ford F-150 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Rochester, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your F-150, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to save money.
Lower Your Rochester Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the price you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
The items below are a few of the "ingredients" auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Policy add-ons add up - Policies have add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren't careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- When should you file a auto insurance claims? - Auto insurance companies in Minnesota generally give the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- What type of car do you drive? - The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Ford F-150 falls in the pickup truck class, rates will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Rochester. Small economy passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If the Ford F-150 earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Women tend to cost less - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents at a similar rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Younger drivers pay high costs - More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Save money by having multiple policies - The majority of auto insurance companies apply discounts to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still compare Ford F-150 rates in Rochester to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Cheaper premiums using alarm systems - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
- Insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles - Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the data determines to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates. The next table shows the historical insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford F-150 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Rochester insurance
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that many people don't even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current F-150 insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bag Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents pay less when compared with bad drivers.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To locate companies who offer online Ford F-150 insurance quotes in Rochester, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Should I buy only the required Minnesota minimum liability coverage?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Minnesota?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Rochester insurance agents?
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood agents is especially important in Rochester.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Rochester that can give you free Rochester car insurance quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent to you. If you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Best car insurance agent in Rochester
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Rochester are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it is a good idea to know the difference between them since it may influence which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you need to check rates from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a small list of independent agencies in Rochester who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies are contracted to one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Rochester who can help you get comparison quotes.
Farmers Union Insurance Agency, Inc. Chris Sanders
1903 S Broadway - Rochester, MN 55904 - (507) 282-4411 - View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When getting Rochester car insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable Ford F-150 insurance in Rochester is definitely available from both online companies and with local Rochester insurance agents, so get free Rochester car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Ford F-150 insurance premium rates in Rochester. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Much more information about insurance in Minnesota is available at these links:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Lakeville, Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota RAV4 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)