Scraping up a payment for high-priced Chevrolet Cruze insurance in Rochester can dry up your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept buying from the same company for at least four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Minnesota drivers can cut their rates by 50% a year just by comparing rates, but they don't know the benefits if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a Chevy Cruze in Rochester, it can be impossible to choose the most cost effective insurance provider.
We hope to teach you a little about the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using this strategy. But Minnesota vehicle owners must know the methods companies use to market on the web and use it to find better rates.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Rochester
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may be missing some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower auto insurance rates.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Rochester drivers who agree to allow data collection to track driving manner by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Good Student Discount - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, homeowners, automatic seat belts, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, good student, teen driver discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, and preferred payment discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
Double check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To choose auto insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Rochester, click this link.
How to get the cheapest Chevy Cruze insurance in Rochester, Minnesota
Many insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give prices from their websites. Getting Chevy Cruze insurance prices online is fairly simple as all you need to do is type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. When complete, the system orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Using the web to get price quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Rochester streamlines rate comparisons, and it's necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the most affordable premium possible.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Rochester, MN. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Chevy Cruze Insurance Costs?
Lots of factors are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
- Excellent credit means lower rates - Having a good credit score can be an important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit. Insureds with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Being married can lower rates - Being married actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you're more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do thieves like your car? - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- High comp and collision deductibles reduce rates - Insurance for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some coverage claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- More traffic equals higher premiums - Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Cruze - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Models that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Cruze Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an insurance agency
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is important particularly in Rochester.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Rochester who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local Rochester insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Rochester may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Rochester that can give you competitive price quotes.
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Rochester that are able to give price quotes.
Farmers Union Insurance Agency, Inc. Chris Sanders
1903 S Broadway - Rochester, MN 55904 - (507) 282-4411 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Minnesota?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Cover all your bases
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare Chevy Cruze insurance rates in Rochester. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Rochester can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Rochester, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
While you're price shopping online, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at these sites:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Veterans in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 60 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Tacoma in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Coon Rapids, Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)