Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis? Nobody that owns a car likes buying car insurance, especially knowing they could find better rates elsewhere.
Regrettably, most drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average car insurance premium being $2,242, Minneapolis drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't invest the time required to go online and compare rates.
Numerous car insurance companies battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis.
If you're already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these methods. Locating the best insurance company for you in Minneapolis is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Nevertheless, Minnesota vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Minneapolis Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility. Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better insurance rates.
- Deter theft and reduce premiums - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft deterrent systems such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers help track and prevent vehicle theft.
- Where you live plays a part - Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and more severe claims. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Improve your credit score and save - Having a bad credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with worse credit. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit.
- Policy add-ons may be wasting money - There are a lot of additional extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Things like personal injury protection, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Get better rates if married - Getting married may earn you lower rates on your insurance policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Use one insurance company and save - Many insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, it's in your best interest to compare Chevy Cruze rates in Minneapolis to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Cruze vehicles - Car insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below outlines the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Cruze 96 132 87 136 153 152
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Ways to get Chevy Cruze insurance quotes in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Buying the right Cruze insurance in Minnesota is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Minneapolis, insurance is required in Minnesota but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Cruze definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in Minnesota overpays as much as $820 a year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't always list every discount they offer very well, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Minneapolis auto insurance online. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Theft Deterrent - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Minneapolis auto insurance quote.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies give discounts for renewing your policy early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get a small discount on rates.
- College Student - Any of your kids living away from Minneapolis attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Minneapolis Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Minneapolis may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
To view providers with discount rates in Minneapolis, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Minneapolis.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Minneapolis auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't even need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just a low price. Any agent in Minneapolis should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How many years have they been established?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
After getting good responses to all your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurer that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles.
Affordable coverage is out there
We've covered many ideas to get a better price on Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Some insurance companies don't offer rate quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies. Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Minneapolis can be purchased both online and with local Minneapolis insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota can be found on the following sites:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)