Getting low-cost Minneapolis Chevy Silverado insurance quotes on the web can seem to be challenging for drivers new to comparing and buying car insurance on the internet. With such a large number of companies competing online, how can anyone efficiently compare them all to find the lowest price?
Sad but true, most car insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. Consumers in Minneapolis could save nearly $1,040 a year by just shopping around, but they don't know the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the best rates in Minneapolis is actually quite easy if you know where to start. In essence, everyone who buys car insurance will more than likely be able to save money. But Minnesota drivers do need to understand how companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps you find the best offered rates. Not every company does Minneapolis Silverado insurance quotes over the internet, so you need to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies in the list below provide free rate quotes in Minneapolis, MN. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$184||$350||$406||$24||$122||$1,086||$91|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$168||$268||$324||$20||$96||$876||$73|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$172||$260||$470||$28||$140||$1,070||$89|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$156||$284||$344||$20||$104||$908||$76|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$264||$484||$324||$20||$96||$1,188||$99|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$234||$508||$358||$22||$108||$1,230||$103|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$194||$326||$366||$22||$110||$1,018||$85|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$192||$352||$344||$20||$104||$1,012||$84|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$134||$260||$304||$18||$92||$808||$67|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$146||$300||$376||$22||$112||$956||$80|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$300||$334||$20||$100||$900||$75|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$194||$404||$406||$24||$122||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$256||$392||$470||$28||$140||$1,286||$107|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$216||$414||$304||$18||$92||$1,044||$87|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$250||$482||$484||$28||$144||$1,388||$116|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$316||$486||$416||$24||$124||$1,366||$114|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$216||$476||$304||$18||$92||$1,106||$92|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$192||$374||$298||$18||$90||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify insurance rates greatly.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, car insurance is required in Minnesota but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Minnesota these limits are 30/60/10 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having car insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing about saving some big amount after switching your policy. It sounds good, but how can they all cost less than your current company? This is the way they can do it.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For example, this type of insured could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has never had a policy lapse, and drives a safe vehicle. Any person that hits that "sweet spot" receive the lowest rate quotes in Minneapolis and most likely will save if they switch.
Drivers who fall outside the ideal profile may be required to pay a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is "customers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make those claims. This really illustrates why you really need to compare price quotes frequently. Because you never know which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Verify you're receiving every discount
Companies don't always advertise all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Minneapolis car insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you're just leaving money on the table.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Silverado insurance in Minneapolis.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims get the best car insurance rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current Silverado insurance policy expiration. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, safe vehicle, accident-free, passive restraint, student away at school, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for multi-policy, save driver, new car, continuous insurance, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- American Family discounts include good driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for good student, newly married, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, multi-car, new graduate, and safety features.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area. To locate insurance companies with discount rates in Minneapolis, click this link.
Local Minneapolis insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- How many years have they been established?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Minneapolis
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they work. Agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Charles Fritz
2213 Johnson St NE - Minneapolis, MN 55418 - (612) 788-6279 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Travis Marcellus
2846 Johnson St NE - Minneapolis, MN 55418 - (612) 789-4341 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Karl Herman
3017 W 56th St - Minneapolis, MN 55410 - (612) 455-8844 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's recommended you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent agencies in Minneapolis who can help you get price quote information.
- Criterion Insurance Agency
3300 Fernbrook Ln N #170 - Minneapolis, MN 55447 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- RJF Agencies, Inc.
7225 Northland Dr N #300 - Minneapolis, MN 55428 - (763) 746-8000 - View Map
- Abdullahi Ahmed Insurance Agency
1113 E Franklin Ave # 104 - Minneapolis, MN 55404 - (612) 432-9142 - View Map
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing a policy, there really isn't a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are unique to you so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Chevy Silverado?
- I don't drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More comparisons equals cheap rates
Some auto insurance companies may not have online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Minneapolis is possible online as well as from independent agents in Minneapolis, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
We just covered quite a bit of information on how to find lower-cost Chevy Silverado insurance in Minneapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. They often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Much more information about auto insurance in Minnesota is located at these links:
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Plymouth, MN? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Subaru Impreza in Minnesota? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Minnesota Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Minnesota Car Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)