Vehicle owners who are new to shopping for insurance coverage online will discover purchasing inexpensive St. Cloud car insurance is quite challenging.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and 38% of customers have never compared insurance rates at all. St. Cloud insurance shoppers could save up to $1,039 each year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop around.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons occasionally because prices change regularly. Even if you got the best price on insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you're going to learn how to use the internet to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using the concepts you're about to learn. This information will teach you how to effectively get price quotes. Nevertheless, Minnesota car owners do need to learn the way companies price online insurance and use it to find better rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on auto insurance
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- ABS Brakes - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Student Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll and complete driver's education if offered at their school.
- Telematics Data - St. Cloud drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to look at driving habits remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm may get a rate reduction as long as the data is positive.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Government Employees - Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote St. Cloud car insurance depending on your company.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Good Grades Discount - A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Low Mileage - Driving less can qualify you for lower auto insurance rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- College Student - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way. But any discount will reduce your auto insurance premiums.
If you would like to see a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in St. Cloud in Minnesota, click this link.
Compare St. Cloud auto insurance rate quotes online
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to comparison shop consists of shopping online. Just keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in St. Cloud, MN. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$1,258||$629||$105|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$720||$360||$60|
|Ford F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$776||$388||$65|
|GMC Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$842||$421||$70|
|Honda Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,274||$637||$106|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$720||$360||$60|
|Honda Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$992||$496||$83|
|Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport 2WD 4-Dr||$1,184||$592||$99|
|Kia Optima LX||$1,022||$511||$85|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Toyota Corolla XLE||$1,010||$505||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Minnesota minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices significantly.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Chevrolet Tahoe yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Chevrolet Tahoe rates are for example purposes only. To get rates for your specific vehicle, click here.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Minnesota?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Car insurance agents are professional risk managers
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can provide free St. Cloud car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- How are they compensated?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in St. Cloud?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Minnesota?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Insurance policy providers can be categorized as either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. They are very knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's a good idea to contact independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with mutual insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Once you have answers to your satisfaction for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that can adequately provide insurance.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
We just presented some good ideas how you can lower your insurance premium rates in St. Cloud. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Cheaper insurance in St. Cloud is available from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
More information can be found below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)